Join the Largest Accredited Professional Coaching Community
Approved and accredited by the BHS, Accredited Professional Coaches meet the highest professional standards within the industry. Our community of professional coaches connects people, ideas and resources to embed world-class standards, drive continual professional development and promote innovation in equestrian coaching.
Here are just a few of the many benefits you’ll gain as an Accredited Professional Coach:
- Deliver and assess the Challenge Awards
- Deliver Pony Stars (Junior Challenge Awards)
- Access to train as a Ride Safe Trainer
- Branded online business toolkit and resources
- BHS first aid and safeguarding courses included for the duration of your membership
- BHS Gold membership for the duration of accreditation
- Access to attend Continual Professional Development events in partnership with BEF member bodies
- Access to an exclusive professional online community
- 25% discount on BHS assessments
- Option to take out Public Liability, including Grooms Insurance and care, custody and control to cover you for all your professional coaching activities
Our Accredited Professional Coach membership is available to coaches qualified to BHS Stage 3 Coach, or equivalent.
For more information and how to apply to become an Accredited Professional Coach, visit the BHS website or call our Accredited Professionals Team on 02476 840565.
Accredited Professional Centre Coach/Ride Leader/Groom Packages
UK and Ireland only
This is the new Proprietor and Coach package, there are currently three schemes under this package. As a benefit of the BHS Approved Centre scheme, you are eligible to register your employees under the Accredited Professional Centre membership with no additional fee.
- Accredited Professional Centre Coach
- Accredited Professional Centre Ride Leader
- Accredited Professional Centre Groom
To apply, centre staff would have to be qualified to:
Centre Coach – BHS Stage 2 Foundation Coach in Complete Horsemanship or above
Ride Leader – BHS Stage 2 Ride Leader or above
Groom – BHS Stage 1 Care or above
All – must hold Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificate and hold an active BHS Silver or Gold membership.
In order to become an Centre Accredited Professional:
All Coaches/Ride Leaders/Grooms must be a current BHS Gold Member
Centre Accredited Professional package includes:
- Ability to access branding for Accredited Professional materials on clothing etc.
- 25% discount on BHS Assessments
- Reduced cost of First Aid Course
- Discounts on many CPD events and conventions
- Access to BHS Education standardisation training days
- Access to business tool-kit including useful coaching resources
- Access to Accredited Professional Coach Facebook page (closed group)
- Authority to sign off Career Pathway Skills Record (subject to qualification level)
- Authority to deliver Challenge Awards and Pony Stars (Junior Challenge Awards)
- Authority to train Ride Safe and sign off Ride Safe Guide
For more information or to apply, please contact your BHS Business Support Manager (Approved Centres).
- DBS checks must be in place should the Coach/Ride Leader/Groom be invovled in a regulated activity, dependent on location
- The Approved Centre Coach/Ride Leader/Groom membership term will run in conjunction with the corresponding Approved Centre membership
- It is the responsibility of the Approved Centre to notify the BHS Approvals Department of any changes to the named Coaches/Ride Leaders/Grooms
- All coaches taking part in this scheme must be employed by the Approved Centre
- BHS Assessors that are employed by the Approved Centre can be part of the membership as long as they provide evidence of insurance for assessing
- All nominated Centre Coaches must abide by the BHS Accredited Professional Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Approved Centres may only nominate Coaches/Ride Leaders/Grooms who do not work freelance
- Branding can only be used in conjunction with employed work of the centre (cannot be used on a freelance basis)