Mounted games is an equestrian discipline in its own right, similar to dressage, show jumping and eventing. The sport has origins tracing back to the military and has grown in popularity through Pony Club Mounted Games and local gymkhanas.
This award will introduce you to the skills required to ride a selection of games successfully. Improving your balance, co-ordination and partnership with your horse along the way.
- Discover the benefits of mounted games for both you and your horse
- Learn how to control your horse with your reins in one hand
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Learn how to use your weight and voice aids to influence your horse
- Ride fun games both individually or with friends
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
This award is open to anyone who would like to improve their horse knowledge or skills, you do not have to be a BHS member to take part.
If you have your own horse, courses are delivered by an Accredited Professional Coach. Your coach can come to your livery yard or British Riding Club grounds.
If you do not own your own horse, or you’re not sure if they would be suitable, don’t worry. There are BHS Approved Riding Centres throughout the UK that deliver challenge awards with their facilities and horses.
You can achieve the challenge awards at your local Approved Centre where they will match you to a horse to ensure your lessons are suitable to your experience.