To achieve BHS Stage 4 Senior Care you will need to demonstrate the practical skills and knowledge required to care for and manage a range of horses.
This unit will assess your considerable skills and experience looking for thorough knowledge within your discussions in addition to technical competence.
- Select, fit and evaluate a range of specialist tack
- Understand the principles of nutrition, fittening and horse physiology
- Demonstrate how to assess the conformation and health of horses
- Understand how to care for different groups of horses
- Understand the foaling process and the care of mares, foals and young stock