Stage 1 Ride will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to ride in a group within a school environment.
- Be able to mount from a block and adjust girth and stirrups for comfort
- Be able to walk, trot and canter and ride on both reins, showing changes of direction, turns and circles
- Show an understanding for riding position both with and without stirrups, and when working in a forward seat over poles and in canter
- Be able to ride in a group and show some individual work with awareness and respect for other riders
- Be assessed on your ability to recognise diagonals in rising trot and canter leads applying aids to move around the arena and between paces
- Be aware of the horse’s needs and comfort when dismounting and returning to the stable