Stage 4 Ride (Jump) will demonstrate your ability to ride and confidently handle a variety of horses over fences.
Important Information: this award will be updated in 2019.
Horses may be young, green, sharp or idle and you will be expected to analyse the scales of training and provide in-depth explanations, analysis and solutions on training horses.
This award will assess your knowledge and practical experience in understanding a horse’s performance, your ability to discuss both good and bad performance and suggest schooling methods for improvement.
- Be able to ride and assess horses over fences up to 3 feet 6 inches
- Understand the training of horses from birth to riding away and further to competition
- Understand how to train horses to jump to newcomers showjumping and novice horse trials
- Be able to prepare for, ride and assess horses over a course of showjumps up to 1.07 metres/3 feet 6 inches
- Be able to prepare for, ride and assess horses over cross-country courses up to 1.07 metres/3 feet 6 inches