Stage 5 Unit 6: Performance Event Ride will assess your competence and knowledge in the principles of training horses on the flat and over fences both in showjumping and cross country.
You will be required to assess, ride and jump several horses through all three disciplines, showing a practical knowledge of training from the ground, young and green horses in addition to those at or working towards the levels stated below.
This award will consider your knowledge and practical experience in assessing unknown horses on the flat and over fences, your ability to assess and discuss with clarity the correctness of training, any problems, the horse’s outline and capability among others.
- Assess a horse as if for purchase showing ability to ride with empathy and effect
- Be able to use the Training Scale as objective measurement criteria
- Be able to plan ridden training sessions and develop skill levels in horses
- Show clear understanding of the requirements of dressage riding up to and including Advanced Medium
- Show clear understanding of the requirements of showjumping up to 1.20 metres
- Show clear understanding of the requirements of cross country riding up to 1 metre
- Show clear understanding of discipline riding requirements for competition and assessment
- Show ability to discuss development and future training
Stage 5 Unit 6: Performance Event Ride is a combined assessment that includes riding all phases of eventing; dressage, show jumping and cross country. From September 2020 We are pleased to offer dressage or show jumping only routes for those that are discipline specific riders and/or coaches.
- Stage 5 Unit 7: Performance Dressage Ride will develop your flatwork and support a career as a dressage rider and trainer
- Stage 5 Unit 8: Performance Show Jump Ride will develop your jump work and support a career within show jumping
If you plan to take your assessment before 1 September 2020 this unit is not available. Please refer to the below details. You will follow the BHS Stage 5 Senior Equitation syllabus