Performance Centre Manager with Riding shows a level of competence that allows a rider to take responsibility for a horse’s training, development and care for competition.
This career certificate recognises your ability to progress and develop training of horses and manage their work ratios in accordance with discipline requirements.
Performance Centre Manager with Riding will ensure the skills to train horses for equestrian competition work within a chosen discipline to an advanced level.
The Performance Centre Manager with Riding qualification is awarded upon achievement of:
- Unit 1: Stage 5 Care and Welfare
- Unit 2: Stage 5 Literature Review
- Unit 3: Stage 5 Business Management Skills
- Unit 4: Stage 5 Business Management Presentation
- Unit 5: Stage 5 Working the Horse from the Ground
- Unit 6: Stage 5 Ride for Training
We understand that not all riders wish to pursue a professional riding career within all disciplines. Perhaps you would like to follow our show jumping or dressage specific routes?:
- BHS Groom with Riding Pathway (Dressage) will develop your flatwork and support a career as a dressage rider and trainer
- BHS Groom with Riding Pathway (Jump) will develop your jump work and support a career within show jumping
Our training guidelines have been updated during this Covid-19 period:
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre you currently work in or have worked in in the last 12 months.
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre that you have regularly trained at in the last 6 months.
*Within the 6 month period prior to any unit assessment candidates will be allowed to attend a maximum of six training sessions focused on Stage 5 riding and/or coaching at a centre where you are planning on taking your Stage 5 unit assessment.