Unit 6: Stage 4 Senior Ride for Training Show Jumping will demonstrate your ability to ride and confidently handle a variety of horses to develop their way of going for show jumping.
Horses may be young, green or sharp and you will be expected to analyse the Training Scale and provide in-depth explanations, analysis and solutions on training horses.
This unit will assess your knowledge and practical experience in understanding a horse’s performance, your ability to discuss both good and bad performance and suggesting schooling methods for improvement.
- Understand the training of horses from birth to riding away and further to competition
- Understand how to train horses to show jump to 1.10m
- Be able to prepare for, ride and assess horses to develop their way of going, including:
- Inexperienced horses
- Trained horses over a course of show jumps up to 1.10 metres/3 feet 7 inches
- Horses used to train others
Stage 4 Senior Ride for Training Show Jumping is designed for riders who want to focus on show jumping and is included in the Show Jumping Pathway. We are pleased to offer dressage or complete/eventing routes for riders and coaches.