The British Horse Society First Aid courses are an essential course for anyone handling and riding horses, providing practical guidance on first aid procedures should you be at the scene of an accident.
Accidents and injuries can happen at anytime, anywhere, for any number of reasons, making our First Aid course essential for any professional working with horses.
Following a BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course, you can keep your training up-to-date with our handy BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course.
- Gain a basic overview of first aid procedures
- Learn how to administer first aid
- Learn what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident
- Learn essential help to provide until a professional arrives
First Aid (England, Wales and Scotland): We have confirmed that we will be running refresher First Aid training, this will remain tutor led via our video call platform called Microsoft Teams. There are plenty of course dates available, please ensure you complete a refresher course within 30 days from your previous certificate expiry. Failure to do so will to do so will mean you must complete the Initial First Aid course.
Northern Ireland and Ireland: Please see further down the available Initial and refresher courses. If you have any queries please contact Susan Spratt at email@example.com, 02842 788681 or 07808 141079.
BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course
- For anyone with no first aid training, or whose qualification has lapsed
- On completion, you will receive an ID card and certificate of achievement, valid for two years
BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course certificate to update your skills and knowledge
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the HSE First Aid at Work certificate
- We are currently delivering this course via online video call
- If your first aid has already lapsed, you can book onto this course within 30 days from your previous certificate expiry date.
Other First Aid Courses Accepted by the BHS
- HSE First Aid at Work certificates can be accepted (Three or four day courses only).