Update 18th September 2020:
As we are all still faced with challenges caused by Covid-19 we are making a few more changes to First Aid requirements for APCs.
First Aid (England, Wales and Scotland): We have confirmed that we will be running refresher First Aid training virtually from 5th October. This will remain tutor led via our video call platform called Starleaf (similar to Zoom, etc). Please be patient with us whilst we work through the huge back log due to us not running any courses for six months. For those that were booked to a course that has been cancelled, we will email you with our rearranged course dates as soon as they are confirmed. We then hope to have the list of all dates live on our website within the next few weeks. There will be plenty of course dates available, but to ensure no-ones membership is invalidated we will be extending the expiry date for all Accredited Professional Coaches (whose First Aid refresher course has expired or will expire before the 30th April 2021) to the 30th April 2021.
Northern Ireland and Ireland: We will provide an update for you regarding First Aid as soon as we can.
An essential course for anyone handling and riding horses, providing practical guidance on first aid procedures should you be at the scene of an accident.
Accidents and injuries can happen at anytime, anywhere, for any number of reasons, making our First Aid course essential for any professional working with horses.
Following a BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course, you can keep your training up-to-date with our handy BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course.
- Gain a basic overview of first aid procedures
- Learn how to administer first aid
- Learn what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident
- Learn essential help to provide until a professional arrives
BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course
- For anyone with no first aid training, or whose qualification has lapsed
- On completion, you will receive an ID card and certificate of achievement, valid for two years
BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course certificate to update your skills and knowledge
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the HSE First Aid at Work certificate
Other First Aid Courses Accepted by the BHS
- HSE First Aid at Work certificates can be accepted (Three or four day courses only).