Update 21st January 2021:
Refresher courses are now available. As we are all still faced with challenges caused by Covid-19 we are making a few more changes to First Aid requirements for APCs.
First Aid (England, Wales and Scotland): We have confirmed that we will be running refresher First Aid training virtually from 5th October 2020. This will remain tutor led via our video call platform called Starleaf (similar to Zoom, etc). Please be patient with us whilst we work through the huge back log due to us not running any courses for six months. There are plenty of course dates available, but to ensure no-ones membership is invalidated we will be extending the expiry date for all Accredited Professional Coaches (whose First Aid refresher course has expired or will expire before the 31st August 2021) to the 31st August 2021.
Northern Ireland and Ireland: Please contact Susan Spratt at firstname.lastname@example.org, 02842 788681 or 07808 141079 to book a first aid course.
An essential course for anyone handling and riding horses, providing practical guidance on first aid procedures should you be at the scene of an accident.
Accidents and injuries can happen at anytime, anywhere, for any number of reasons, making our First Aid course essential for any professional working with horses.
Following a BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course, you can keep your training up-to-date with our handy BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course.
- Gain a basic overview of first aid procedures
- Learn how to administer first aid
- Learn what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident
- Learn essential help to provide until a professional arrives
BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course
- For anyone with no first aid training, or whose qualification has lapsed
- On completion, you will receive an ID card and certificate of achievement, valid for two years
- We are currently unable to offer our initial two-day course due to Covid restrictions
BHS One-Day Refresher First Aid Course
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the BHS Two-Day Initial First Aid Course certificate to update your skills and knowledge
- For anyone who has previously been awarded the HSE First Aid at Work certificate
- We are currently delivering this course via online video call (due to Covid restrictions)
- If your first aid has already lapsed, you can book onto this course and your expiry date will be two years from your lapsed certificate date, not two years from the date you completed your online course
Other First Aid Courses Accepted by the BHS
- HSE First Aid at Work certificates can be accepted (Three or four day courses only).