Stage 4 Senior Ride for Training Eventing unit will demonstrate your ability to ride and confidently handle a variety of horses on the flat and over fences.
Horses may be young, green or sharp and you will be expected to analyse the scales of training and provide in-depth explanations, analysis and solutions on training horses.
This unit will assess your knowledge and practical experience in understanding a horse’s performance, your ability to discuss both good and bad performance and suggest schooling methods for improvement.
- Understand the training of horses from birth to riding away and further to competition at Elementary level
- Understand how to train horses to show jump to 1.10m and novice horse trials
- Be able to prepare for, ride and assess horses to develop their way of going, including:
- Inexperienced horses
- Trained horses up to Elementary level to develop their way of going
- Trained horses over a course of show jumps up to 1.10 metres/3 feet 7 inches
- Trained horses over a cross country course up to 1 metre/3 feet 3 inches
Stage 4 Senior Ride for Training Eventing is a combined assessment that includes riding all phases of eventing; dressage, show jumping and cross country. We are pleased to offer dressage or show jumping only routes for those that are discipline specific riders and/or coaches.