BHSQ Level 4 Senior Eventing Coach (Stage 4) celebrates your development in coaching both horses and riders in the equestrian industry with considerable knowledge in care and management, riding and coaching. You may be a freelance coach or looking to develop as a trainer across any discipline.
This career certificate demonstrates your experience and skills to independently train and coach individuals and groups of riders, working with riders on their own horses or on centre horses, with sound practical business knowledge and the ability to take responsibility for an equestrian establishment or work as an effective freelance coach.
BHSQ Level 4 Senior Eventing Coach (Stage 4), will showcase appropriate coaching styles to develop riders and train horses to British Dressage Elementary, show jumping up to 1.10m and cross country up to 1m. Alternatively, there are discipline specific options for dressage or show jumping only coaches.
The BHSQ Level 4 Senior Eventing Coach (Stage 4) qualification is awarded upon achievement of five compulsory units:
- Unit 1: Stage 4 Senior Care
- Unit 2: Stage 4 Senior Management
- Unit 3: Stage 4 Senior Lunge
- Unit 4: Stage 4 Senior Ride for Training Eventing
- Unit 7: Stage 4 Senior Coaching Eventing
Dressage and Show Jumping Pathways
We understand that not all coaches wish to pursue a professional career within all disciplines. Perhaps you would like to follow our show jumping or dressage specific routes?
- BHS Coaching Pathway (Dressage) will develop your flatwork and support a career as a dressage rider
- BHS Coaching Pathway (Show Jumping) will develop your jump work and support a career focussed on showjumping.