BHS Stage 5 Care and Management requires significant experience and knowledge in all aspects of horse care. You will need to demonstrate competence in managerial practices and understand how to efficiently run an equestrian establishment. Stage 5 Care and Management also seeks to assess your competence in conveying your knowledge to others.
You will be assessed on:
- Feeding and fittening of horses and competence in handling fit horses
- Veterinary, saddlery and practical coaching skills
- Business management and presentation skills
- Your ability to assess static and dynamic conformation of horses and action for purchase
- Your ability to assess conformation of breeding stock and evaluate grassland management
- Your coaching practice and ability to advise a BHS Stage 4 Coach in Complete Horsemanship in their teaching of horse conformation