Unit 5: Stage 5 Working the Horse from the Ground will assess your competence and knowledge in the principles of training horses from the ground to develop their way of going.
You will be required to assess a horse and work the horse between two reins to develop its way of going.
Until the end of 2020, we will be able to deliver the new Unit 5: Stage 5 Working the Horse from the Ground and the Senior Equitation (which includes the lungeing). Senior Equitation will be delivered until the end of 2020, after this only the new Stage 5 assessments and qualifications will be available. If you have achieved the Senior Equitation qualification you will not be required to take Unit 6: Stage 5 Working the Horse from the Ground.
The below section relates to Senior Equitation Lunge section
This certificate will require you to assess the individual horse you are working with to ensure an effective lungeing session. The horse may be of any size, type, sex or age, from three years and capable of work quality from limited to very good. The horses may be of any level of fitness and any level of training and experience.
- Be able to use exercises to aid improvement of horses on the lunge
- Show a clear understanding of systematic training of horses
- Be assessed on your ability to plan development and future training for the horse
Our training guidelines have been updated during this Covid-19 period:
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre you currently work in or have worked in in the last 12 months.
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre that you have regularly trained at in the last 6 months.
*Within the 6 month period prior to any unit assessment candidates will be allowed to attend a maximum of six training sessions focused on Stage 5 riding and/or coaching at a centre where you are planning on taking your Stage 5 unit assessment.