BHS Unit 10: Stage 5 Coaching Eventing Disciplines develops your skills as a trainer of horses and riders who can bridge the gap between training at grass roots level and those competing in national classes.
This unit will demonstrate your skills as an effective coach with sound teaching and equitation principles required to coach individuals and groups in all environments and discuss all aspects of training and careers.
- Show natural aptitude and empathy in your coaching, able to impart knowledge with clarity, enthusiasm and impact
- Show clear understanding of requirements of coaching dressage up to and including Advanced Medium, and jumping up to 1.20 metres
- Be able to train students for current qualifications and competitions within the industry such as BHS Stage 4 Coach in Complete Horsemanship, Riding Club competitions and Pony Club competitions
- Demonstrate appropriate coaching styles when coaching a private and semi private sessions, assessing horse and rider and negotiating development
Until the end of 2020, we will be able to deliver the new Unit 10: Stage 5 Coaching Eventing Disciplines and the Senior Coaching. Senior Coaching will be delivered until the end of 2020, after this only the new Stage 5 assessments and qualifications will be available. If you have achieved the Senior Coaching qualification you will not be required to take Unit 10: Stage 5 Coaching Eventing Disciplines.
Our training guidelines have been updated during this Covid-19 period:
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre you currently work in or have worked in in the last 12 months.
- You cannot take a stage 5 assessment at a centre that you have regularly trained at in the last 6 months.
*Within the 6 month period prior to any unit assessment candidates will be allowed to attend a maximum of six training sessions focused on Stage 5 riding and/or coaching at a centre where you are planning on taking your Stage 5 unit assessment.
The section below relates to the Senior Coaching assessment
The section below relates to the Unit 10: Stage 5 Coaching Eventing Disciplines