This qualification will only be delivered up until 2021
BHS Stable Managers requires significant experience and knowledge in all aspects of horse care. You will need to demonstrate competence in managerial practices and understand how to efficiently run an equestrian establishment. Stable Managers also seeks to assess your competence in conveying your knowledge to others.
You will be assessed on:
- Feeding and fittening of horses and competence in handling fit horses
- Veterinary, saddlery and practical coaching skills
- Business management and presentation skills
- Your ability to assess static and dynamic conformation of horses and action for purchase
- Your ability to assess conformation of breeding stock and evaluate grassland management
- Your coaching practice and ability to advise a BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach in Complete Horsemanship in their teaching of horse conformation
Section 3 - Presentations and Business Management (Page 9 of syllabus) will be delivered via video call assessment.