The BHS Stage 2 Care assessment is a critical component in the early stages of a groom's career to qualify you to become a Stage 2 Foundation Groom.
- Have an understanding of routine practices on a stable yard, your role, responsibilities and reporting lines
- Know how to care for horses on a day-to-day basis, recognising and assessing normal and abnormal behaviour and understanding when veterinary intervention may be required
- Be able to fit standard tack and travel equipment
- Be able to prepare horses for presentation
- Have a knowledge of feeding and an understanding of fitness, including the factors that will affect the amount of feed a horse will receive
- Have an understanding of basic anatomy, location of key organs and the function of the digestive system